1. Of all the bands/artists in your cd/record collection, which one do you own the most albums by?
-- Belle & Sebastian: 11
2. What was the last song you listened to (voluntarily)?
-- Azure Ray: "Beautiful Things Can Come From The Dark"
3. What's on your record player right now?
-- Aimee Mann: "Whatever"
4. What song would you say sums you up?
-- "Big Science" by Laurie Anderson
5. What's your favorite local band?
-- Erm, LOCAL bands?? I'd say Liz Phair, who is from Chicago. :)
6. What was the last show you attended?
-- Annie Lennox & Sting
7. What was the greatest show you've ever been to?
-- Natalie Merchant, 2001. 2nd row orchestra pit. Incredible.
-- Laurie Anderson, 2002. Lousy seats, but some of the most interesting stuff I've ever heard.
8. What's the shittiest band you've ever seen in concert?
-- My dad took me to a Melissa Etheridge concert when I was like 6 years old, and I cried through the whole thing.
9.What is the most musically involved you have ever been?
-- I was the cowardly lion in a school concert 'Wizard of Oz' thing, and had to sing a solo number. I forgot most of the words, thus scarring me for life. "If I only had the nerve!"
10. What show are you looking forward to?
-- Ani Difranco/Margaret Cho on Tuesday. Laurie Anderson in October.
11. What musician would you like to hang out with for a day?
-- Laurie Anderson (because she is so fascinating)
12. What musician would you like to hump for a day?
-- Stuart Murdoch (Belle & Sebastian), Evan Dando (The Lemonheads), Casey Stratton, Rufus Wainwright
13. Name 3 flawless albums:
1. Bjork: 'Post'
2. Laurie Anderson: 'Big Science'
3. Azure Ray: 'Hold on Love'
14. What is your favorite movie soundtrack?
-- "The Straight Story", "Magnolia"
15. What's the crappiest CD/record/etc you've ever bought?
-- "Sister Act" AND "Sister Act 2" soundtracks.. Oh, and "Spice World"..
16. All totaled, how much do you spend on music a month?
-- Probably $30 to $40..